Planning a Chart Audit
A well thought-out plan is essential to carrying out a chart audit that will yield useable data. The first questions to consider are:
- What is the topic/focus of the audit?
- Is the topic/focus too narrow or broad?
- Is there a measure for the topic/focus?
- Is this measure available in the medical record?
- Has this been measured before?
- If “yes”, then a benchmark or standard exists;
- If “no”, then a standard for comparison may not exist.
Click on one or more of the links below for examples